First Timers - Help!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• First Timers - Help!

Hi there,

We are coming out over the New Year with the family and looking for some tips! This will be our first skiing holiday and I was just wondering what happens when you first arrive, we have booked our lift passes and equipment via this website so will have the lift passes delivered to our hotel which makes things a bit easier (thanks Steve!), however was wondering when is the best time to collect our equipment, do we need to be wearing our ski stuff when we go to the shop etc, etc...??

Also parents in law are non-skiers, will there be much for them do?? We are staying at the Sport Village Hotel.

Any tips for first timers will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    • Hi Mark

Don't worry about it being your first time, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic holiday!

As for when to collect your equipment, it depends on what time you arrive. With your Soldeu-andorra.com voucher you can collect your equipment the afternoon before the rental starts. Sports Calbo is open until 7pm on Sundays so if you've arrived by then it makes sense to collect your gear.

When you go to the shop make sure you are wearing your ski socks so that your boots fir correctly. That's the ony bit of ski clothing you'll need for fitting. However, if you're getting your gear in the morning, have everything you'll want with you on the slopes as this will save you going back to your hotel!

As for the in-laws, there are a few shops around the village, plus the superb spa in the Sport Hermitage. There are regular buses in both directions to Pas de la Casa and to Andorra la Vella which are both worth a trip for non-skiers, particularly Andorra la Vella the capital. They may also want to try snow shoeing, which is like strapping tennis racquets to your feet, but it lets you get up mountains easily so if they enjoy walking, then it's something they should try!

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to get them posted on here!

Steve
    • Thanks Steve! I know they may seem like daft questions but as first timers didn't want to make a fool of ourselves on the first day (although I'm sure we will on the slopes anyway ^^ )

We are really starting to look forward to it now, thinking of getting some lessons at the indoor snowdome before we go to get a bit of a head start. Good to know the in-laws will have plenty to occupy them too, was worried they may have been a bit bored, snowshoeing sounds fun though!!

Here's hoping for plenty of the white suff!!!!

Mark :thumbsup: