Sports Bar - Superbowl

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sports Bar - Superbowl

Hi there,

A fairly large group of us will be visiting El Tarter early February '17 and were wondering of a place that will be showing the Super Bowl, since there will be about 15 of us we wanted to plan ahead and try and book somewhere if possible.

I've also been tasked with organising entertainment for the week so if you could suggest any good bars or activities off the slopes, that would be great!

Thanks for any help!

Aaron
    • Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your post.

Superbowl isn't really that big in Andorra so I'm not entirely sure whether there will be anywhere which will be showing the game, but leave it with me and I will ask around for you and let you know. It's possible that there may be somewhere in Soldeu (1.5km away) such as the Aspen Bar that will be showing the game, so you could always arrange for a taxi to and from Soldeu on that night instead. Taxis can't be pre-booked in Andorra, and in the evening it would probably cost you around €15 for the fare.

In terms of Apres bars - I would definitely suggest L'Abarset in El Tarter. L'Abarset is possibly the most popular apres ski venue in El Tarter as it has a big open air terrace and holds lots of parties/events throughout the winter season hosted by international DJs. L'Abarset also has a restaurant which you can go to if you're looking for something a little more chilled, or Dylan's is also another good option for a bite to eat.

IQOS bar on the mountain in El Tarter section is also another great place to go for a few drinks, especially when it's sunny and you can soak up the sunshine on the terrace. IQOS bar has a live DJ most days and there's also Shisha Hookah's available if you or any of your friends are interested in that.

If you get the chance, I'd say it would be worth checking out the Apres
      in Soldeu as there are a few more options than in El Tarter, such as the Irish pub The Harp, Barcode, the Aspen and Fat Alberts to name a few. You can either get a taxi back to El Tarter or there is the L3 bus that runs until around 9pm for €1.80 each way.

If you're wanting to venture further afield, then you could board over to Pas de la Casa and then get involved with the Apres there. Pas de la Casa has a wide variety of bars and Apres events to choose from, such as Paddy's Irish Pub, Olimpiades, Coll Blanc (on the mountain), and Red Lion. The last bus back to El Tarter is at 9:20pm and would cost €3.30 per person.

If you'd like more info on Apres inEl Tarter, Pas de la Casa or Soldeu please just let me know.

In terms of activities - El Tarter has a brilliant dog sledding experience which €37.80 per person for 30 minutes. The dog sledding is a lot of fun and highly recommended! You can also do dog sledding in the Grau Roig sector of Grandvalira, where you can also arrange to go on snowmobile excursions which is great for groups. The Andorra Resorts team tried this out the other day and you can read the blog here: andorraresorts.com/blog/2018/snow-adventures/#more-1097

If you're looking for a bit of chill out time then you could catch the bus to Andorra La Vella which is the capital city of Andorra. Here you can take advantage of the low tax shopping, or visit Caldea Spa for some relaxation and recovery! If you're interested in Spas then there's also the Hermitage Sports Hotel in Soldeu which is absolutely incredible. You can find info about their prices here hermitagehotel.sporthotelsandorra.co.uk/

I'll be in touch regarding the superbowl, but in the meantime if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask and I'll be happy to advise. If you don't already, I'd advise following us on our Facebook page (Soldeu.com) as we post every day with updates on the mountain conditions but also advice about where's good to go for food/apres.

Kind Regards,

Ellen
    • Hi Ellen,

Thank you for that, you've made my job a lot easier! We'll be sure to give the places you've highlighted a try, and will no doubt venture over Soldeu throughout the week in search of a livelier atmosphere.

Is it possible to ski from El Tarter to Soldeu?

Thanks again,

Aaron
    • Hi Aaron,

No problem at all - if you have any more questions regarding places to go please don't hesitate to ask!

Absolutely it's possible to ski from El Tarter to Soldeu. With your Grandvalira lift pass you are able to ski to all six sectors of Grandvalira - El Tarter, Soldeu, Canillo, Encamp, Grau Roig, Pas de la Casa. It depends ion your ability and which lifts and runs you take, but to ski from the top of El Tarter gondola to the base of Soldeu would take around 20 minutes or so.

In terms of the Superbowl, The Aspen bar will be showing the game however their license is only until 2am, so at this time they will be closing the bar, which means that you would only be able to watch part of the game.

I'm not sure where in El Tarter you're staying, but if you're staying at a hotel then you could always enquire with reception whether they will be showing the game, and/or if there's a TV in your room you may well be able to pay to watch the game - but this would be down to the hotel, and as I said before the Superbowl isn't very big in Andorra.

I hope this helps - don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions!

Ellen