Snow in March and location of hotel?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Snow in March and location of hotel?

Hi

I am thinking about coming to Andorra, but looks like it could be the end of March - just wondering what the snow is usually like at that time?

Also there is a hotel called Euro Esqui whicgh seems to be between Soldue and El tarter. Do you need a car to stsay here or is there good buses (day) and taxi(night!) services?

Thanks
      Sue
    • Hi Sue

Weather is always a tough one to predict although Andorra does have a history or having great snow later in the season. Our photo albums are sorted by month, and there are quite a lot of photos from March 2009 in this album and in this one.

Regarding the Euro Esqui, lots of people go there without a car. They provide a free transfer to the El Tarter chair lift for skiing, and there is a service bus stop a few metres up the road which will take you in to Soldeu, and this runs until just before 22:00 both going to Soldeu and coming back. The closest taxis are based in Andorra la Vella so it could take a while to get one to you unless there happens to be one driving through the area. The phone number for taxis in Andorra is +376 863000.

Hope this helps!

Steve
    • hi sue, I've stayed there before and will be going again this Sunday. I did go into soldeu last timeI stayed, went up on the bus and got a taxi back. If you went out in el tarter (quieter than soldeu) it's about a 10 min walk back to the hotel, up hill and on the road side. This never bothered me but it may bother some people. The hotel had a good bus service which ran every half hour to and from the lifts in el tarter so getting about was never a problem. Hope this helps.
      Graham.