overall a great holiday in Soldeu but one unpleasant experience with operator on button lift

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• overall a great holiday in Soldeu but one unpleasant experience with operator on button lift

Hi,
      I am just back from my first ever skiing holiday in Soldeu and I loved almost every minute of it. The resort is excellent, ski instructors really great and we stayed in a lovely hotel with wonderful food, Hotel Naudi. Only one thing jarred however and I hope by writing to like this that future guests to your skiing school can be spared the unnecessary unpleasantness of my experience.
      The operator supervising the button lift in the beginners learning area should know how to behave when, as inevitably happens, a learner falls. To be fair, most of the staff are very kind and patient when this occurs. However the young man on duty circa 2.25pm on last Tuesday, Jan 27th, was neither. When I fell on my way up the button lift he lost his temper in a way that mortified me and, I suspect, all those waiting in the queue and who witnessed the incident. Having fallen, I made the mistake of scrambling in the wrong direction to get out of the way of other users. The result was that I got a crack on the head from the descending metal buttons. This was no big deal as I was wearing a helmet. Then the operator began screaming at me in what seemed like pure temper. To my horror he advanced up the hill towards me still screaming and shouting. I had managed to haul myself away out of the path of the lift and had freed my skis and really was no further problem to other users. Still not satisfied, he picked up my skis and flung them as far away as he could across the snow. It was quite nightmarish and not a scene you expect to meet with from trained staff in a reputable resort such as Soldeu. I didn't get a chance to report it at the time as I was called to another member of our party who had suffered a fall elsewhere on the slopes. He, incidentally spoke very highly of the kindness of staff who attended to him. I am sorry to have to complain like this online as, barring that one upsetting incident, we really had a terrific time in your skiing school.