School

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi there :)

We are a family of 4, thinking of coming to Soldeu in February, we have two sons aged 8 & 11 both of have skiied before but would like to try snowboarding this time around however would want to be together in the group, is this possible?????

Also what level do the intermediate ski school operate at? I am a pretty average intermediate so would be fine, however my husband is more of an advanced intermediate and I am worried that the group lessons may be a little slow for him.....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :wacko:

Alison
    • Hello Alison,

Across the whole of Andorra children are required to be 10 years and older to participate in group snowboard lessons, this is because sometimes small children find it difficult to control a snowboard, therefore for safety reasons, and for the progression of the group, the snowboard school do not accept bookings for children under 10. Private lessons however would be an option, there is no age restriction and the two boys would be able to share the instructor. A minimum of 2 hours would be required, to find out the costing and to book you will need to contact Grandvalira directly here’s the Soldeu contact telephone number +376 753191. (Don’t worry lots of the staff speak very good English :) )

With regards your intermediate ski school query, at the start of school every Monday, the ski school will complete a ski off, assessing the ability of all the participants. From this the groups will be broken down into similar abilities, generally level 4 participants will be able to ski down red runs with confidence and control, though this can vary depending upon the skill of the individuals within the group.

Hope this is of help and by all means let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks
      Sarah