New years eve 2013/14

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New years eve 2013/14

Hi! We are coming to Andorra for this new years eve and was wondering if you could help with some advice!

We are wondering where would be good to go and was looking at booking Fat Alberts, however we are staying in El Tarter so was wondering if there are taxis running after midnight to get home (assuming its too far to walk)?

If not where would you suggest to go closer to home? Weve heard l'abarset may be a good option but cant find any info anywhere about what may be going on.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mike
    • Hi Mike

I think you would have a more friendly fun new years eve in The Harp and Fat Alberts in Soldeu but the bad news is taxi's are quite non existent on normal days and I doubt very much there will be many/ any around new years eve. You may be lucky enough to flag a passing one down but it's a risk. Your other option is to walk back :pinch: It's not the closest, about 3 kilometers and I'd say a good half hour walk of course depends on weather and how full of beer you are as to how pleasant a walk it would be but some people do this as well as hitch hiking which is really common in Andorra.

The night life options in El Tarter are L'Abarset which I'm sorry I'm not sure of what they have planned for new years eve, Nemo night club and Dylans restaurant and bar. If you're staying in a hotel maybe they will have some kind of party organised and have a good group in the hotel?

:D Hayley
    • Hi Mike,

I completely agree with Hayley's comments above. The only thing I would add is that the main road from Soldeu to El Tarter lacks a pavement towards the end as you approach El Tarter and there are a few bends in the road, therefore if you are walking along it at night, you may want to make sure you haven't had too many beers and still have your wits about you, particularly if the weather is bad. Wear a sturdy pair of walking boots and a warm coat and don't be tempted to walk it in your high heels ;)

If you are lucky enough to be able to get a taxi then this would of course be the best option, maybe see if your hotel can arrange anything in advance for you.

Hope you have a great New Year.

Emma :)