Working in Andorra 2010/11 season

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Working in Andorra 2010/11 season

Hi there. I am just wondering if there are any jobs where you are only required to speak English at Soldeu or El Tarter. Of course, I plan to pick up the basic language where ever I end up in Europe, but what are my chances of getting a job when I can only speak fluent English? I know limited French, Italian and German. Is there any particular recruiting agency or means of getting employment for the coming winter that could be recommended? I am from Australia and have had heaps of experience as a waitress, short order cook and Nanny. I am coming to Europe in late November. Is there a way of securing a job before I leave or is it best to just start searching when I get there? Thanks very much, hope to hear from you soon :)
    • Hi Lil19

There are jobs where you can just speak English such as in a few bars, although languages will help you secure a position. Also as the years go on it's getting more competitive for jobs so if there's somebody who speaks one of the local languages they would have the advantage. If your flexible, also consider the other resorts where lots of English speaking tourists go such as Arinsal and Pas de la Casa.

As you're from Australia, make sure you have the correct documentation before you travel otherwise you won't be able to get work, and also make sure your European visa covers multiple entry as you'll be leaving the EU to go to Andorra then going back to France or Spain in the EU at least once during the season!

You can send people messages off Facebook which will get introductions out of the way but you'll probably find people will want to meet you before they set you on.

Hope this helps!

Steve