Begginers ski lessons and lift passes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Begginers ski lessons and lift passes

Hi

Can anyone help with this question. Although I am an experienced skier, my wife is a total begginner. I am planning to get a lift pass for my self that covers all routes and runs for the week but for my wife I am planning to book her her a weeks begginners lessons ie 5 x 3hrs and a lift pass which is suitable to cover the lessons and also allow her to get the lifts locally but no cover all of the range.

The web site only covers a standard lift pass for adults but dos not mention any other veriations, can anyone advise are there other options or is it one adult pass covers everything? ?(
    • Hi Mark

Sometimes if you book a package holiday with a tour operator they have a special "local area" pass, however directly with the mountain they only offer the full area Grandvalira passes.

They do offer a "beginners pass" in some entrances, Canillo, El Tarter, Grau Roig & Pas de la Casa, but not in Soldeu or Encamp. The reason for this is because the gondola from Soldeu or the Funicamp in Encamp which you need to take to access the slopes both offer quite a few runs just from using them. The beginners passes only cover a couple of runs suitable for beginners on their first day or two on the slopes.

If you decide on a resort based on being able to get a "beginners pass" then they cost €29 per day, and it's the same regardless of adult/junior/child, and they can only be bought on a daily basis, as opposed to a regular ski pass that you can buy for eg. a week.

Hope this helps.

Steve
    • Thanks Steve, it is useful but one last question, will she need the full pass to get up to the ski school and are the ski scholl likely to take her on lifts which require the full pass?

Im thinking I may need to get her the full pass. We are traveloling on a operator package deal but I was con cerned that the package they were offering where it says ski pass, local area, would not give her full access. We will be staying in El Tarter.

Thanks for your help. :)
    • Hi Mark

If you're staying in El Tarter then either the tour operator local area pass or the Grandvalira beginners pass bought locally will both give use of the gondola to take her up to the school and then for the beginners area for lessons.

It is possible that she might "out-grow" the lift pass - with the Grandvalira beginners pass that's only bought on a daily basis anyway so if/when she wants to go further she can then just buy a full area pass for the remaining days, however with the tour operator passes I'm not sure, you'd need to check with them if she would be able to upgrade mid-week.

Steve
    • The snow is ok for this time of year - there's around 170km of slopes open at the moment out of 210km, so pretty good, although there are a few stones stickign through on a few of the runs. There's a little snow forecast for later next week and cold temperatures so the snow cannons can get working again.

There are photos from so far this month here: soldeu-andorra.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=929

Merry Christmas to you too!! :thumbsup: