Booking ski school

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Booking ski school

Hi we are travelling to soldeu on friday the 12th February it is our first ski trip - we have booked independantly so need advise on booking ski school and equipment. (2 Adults - 2 Children) My husband has skiied before so intermediate lessons would be good for him
      Will ski school be open on the saturday to be able to start lessons.
      Also we will be hiring a car from toulousse airport any advise on the drive would be really helpful.
      Thanks for your help
      Jacqui
    • Hi Jacqui

Welcome to the forum! School will be open on the Saturday, but it would be for private lessons. The group lessons run Monday - Friday, and you can select either beginner or intermediate then the instructors will separate you up into small groups. You can get a discount on booking group lessons on our online shop, as well as 30% off all rentals from Sports Calbo in the centre of the village.

As for driving from Toulouse, follow the signs for Foix - there's a free road and a toll road, and I usually take the toll road as it's easier. You'll soon pick up signs for Andorra, so pretty straight forward really. When you book your hire car make sure you tell them you're travelling to Andorra so you're covered by their insurance. I'd also recommend paying the supplement for snow tyres. You can also hire snow chains, but may find it cheaper to actually buy them on the way. Garages in Ax les Thermes (one of the last big towns you'll pass through in France) sell them for around €50 (although you can pick them up in Andorra for as little as €10!!).

Post away if you have any more questions!

Steve :thumbup:
    • booking ski school

Thanks Steve thats really helpful - we would need to book lessons for the Saturday and Sunday 1 Adult and 2 children beginners and my husband has skied quite a bit but not for a few years so refreshers would be good for him. Could you give me an idea of costs and how to book etc.
      Thanks for your help - first time skiing as a family excited but want to make sure everything in place. So any other hints and tips always greatly appreciated