Piolets (not Spa resort)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hotel Piolets

Hi Kevin,

The Hotel Piolets is in an excellent location right in the centre of the village and opposite the slopes, near the gondola station. It is a fairly large hotel with good facilities (although I believe there is usually an extra charge to use the pool, sauna, jacuzzi etc...). The rooms are well equipped and very comfortable. I have not eaten at the hotel so cannot comment on the food, but have never heard any complaints. I would say the sister hotel (Piolets Park & Spa) is more modern and up to date however the location of the Hotel Piolets is much better.

Hope this helps.

Emma
    • Piolets (Not Park)

I'm just back from staying in the Piolets, in Soldeu, for a week and this hotel is definitely NOT a four *!
      The service throughout the hotel is atrocious to the point of having to interrupt staff members' conversations with their friend to get served at the bar to being told that our group of four had to sit at separate tables as there were none available for more than two and that we couldn't pull two tables
      together.

As for the food, OMG, if you like bland and over cooked then you'd be well catered for. No more to be said.

The maid service was no better, which consisted of the beds being made and the floor in the en suite mopped. That was it! We had disposable tumblers in the room when we arrived - they were never replced. We had champagne flutes left in the room, minus any Cava, which we found out was a gift from the tour operator and didn't receive - the flutes were never washed out or replaced.

This hotel is tired and in need of refurbishment and the staff's attitude is reflective of this.

The only saving grace is that the Piolets is on the same side of the road as the telecabin and has mountain views. Apart from that it is over rated, over priced and bad value for money.

I have been to Andorra five times, now, and would not advise anyone to stay at this hotel